Re: [EXIM] Weird error message that sends exim into a loop

Author: Philip Hazel
To: jean-francois poirier
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Weird error message that sends exim into a loop
On Tue, 11 Nov 1997, jean-francois poirier wrote:

> I got this message last night and exim got into a loop, in the mainlog and
> paniclog files, considering a delivery:
>
> 1997-11-11    00:00:00    0xUy5o-0003HB-00    SEGV    while    reading "Ä=dÀ    ×"    from dbm
> file: record assumed not to exist

There have been odd incidents like this from time to time. They have
never been completely explained. However, it seems likely that they may
be caused by locking problems on dbm files. Ian Palfreyman is convinced
they are. He changed his Exim to lock using a separate file, and has had
no problems since then. I have incorporated his change into the code for
the next release.