[EXIM] uucp customer's sent email has got our email host as …

Author: Mervyn Jack
To: 'exim-users'
Subject: [EXIM] uucp customer's sent email has got our email host as the sender
Hi we recently setup uucp with exim 1.73 with the help of someone on this list.
Our uucp customer is using mailcoach on their win95 machine and dials up to our system regularly to send and receive via uucp.
They receive email perfectly.
When the send email, the original header is inside a new header with our mailserver as the sender.
The customer also complains our mailserver is adding character to his email. I can't see how.
He also has a problem in that attachments are not being decoded by the recipients email client, they just see it in the body of the message still encoded.

I really would like some help on this, and I've got 48 hours to get it right.
Postcards from Cobram, Vic, Australia for the ones who can help. *smile*

Here's a few config items.

1. /etc/exim.conf      (only parts I think might be relevant to uucp)
GENERAL CONFIG
 trusted_users = mail:majordomo:uucp
received_header_text = "Received: \
          ${if def:sender_fullhost {from ${sender_fullhost} \
          ${if def:sender_ident {(${sender_ident})}}\n\t}\
          {${if def:sender_ident {from ${sender_ident} }}}}\
          by ${primary_hostname} \
          ${if def:received_protocol {with ${received_protocol}}} \
          (Exim ${version_number} #${compile_number})\n\t\
          id ${message_id} (Debian)"

TRANSPORTS
# UUCP delivering, with queing
uux:
driver = pipe;
command = "/usr/bin/uux - -r $host!rmail ($local_part@$domain)",
path = "/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin",
return_fail_output,
user = uucp,

# Batchmail, with queuing
uux_batch:
driver = pipe;
command = "/usr/bin/batchmail -ur $host ${lc:$local_part}",
path = "/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin",
return_fail_output,
user = uucp,

ROUTERS
# UUCP clients
force_uucp:
driver = domainlist;
route_file = /etc/exim/maps/force.uucp,
search_type = partial-lsearch,

2. in etc/exim/maps/force.uucp
# Domain                Relay                   Options
# ------                -----                   -------
# system1.some.domain     uuname1                 uux
# system1                 uuname1                 uux
#
# system2.another.domain  uuname2                 uux_batch
# system2                 uuname2                 uux_batch
#
# system3.next.domain     uucp_relay              uux
# system3                 uuco_relay              uux
viberts.com.au          viberts         uux
jacks.com.au            jacks           uux

Mervyn Jack, Technical Director, Country Netlink Pty Ltd.
PO Box 529, Cobram, Vic. Australia, 3644
Ph +61 3 5871 1000 Fax +61 3 5871 1874
mailto:mervynj@cnl.com.au http://www.cnl.com.au ICQ 354419