[EXIM] SEGVs in db code

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Ian Pallfreeman
A: exim-users
Asunto: [EXIM] SEGVs in db code
I know I'm rather behind the times with this, but I've just reverse-fitted my
patch to the db code into 1.73 from 1.651. I'm a bit piqued to see the hack
that's been put in to catch segvs.

Before applying my own patch, I got frequent segvs from the db code. I put
this down to a potential race condition, and jiggled a few things in dbfn.c
to use a lock file instead of "open then lock", which is obviously flawed
if the db package assumes no concurrent accesses are being made.

Are the folks who were getting segvs from db code interesting in trying a
drop-in replacement for dbfn.c to see if that cures their problem, rather
than hoping it won't happen but ignoring it if it does?

FWIW, I'm running on FreeBSD 2.2, 3.0 and SunOS4, and I haven't had a problem
since mid-August.

Ian.
--
 Network Unit, SNOT Team, Manchester Computing, The University, Manchester, UK.
     mail: ip@??? | phone: +44-161-275-6006 | fax: +44-161-275-6040