Re: [EXIM] Linux and DB file locking

Author: Evan Leibovitch
To: Friso Kuipers
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Linux and DB file locking
Friso Kuipers writes:

> On 9 Nov. Evan Liebovitch wrote:

> >> Exim 1.71
> >> Linux (Caldera OpenLinux, kernel 2.0.29)
> >> gdbm 1.7.3
> >> I am having no luck whatsoever in making this work.
> >> I've tried setting and unsetting USE_GDBM and DB_LOCKS_ITSELF
> >> in my OS/Makefile-Linux file, as well as "DBMLIB = -lgdbm".

> In Makefile-Default I uncommented DB_LOCKS_ITSELF=yes, in
> Makefile-Linux I put DBMLIB=-lgdbm. On my Linux box, also with libgdbm
> 1.7.3, this works OK. But make sure that ndbm.h (in /usr/include here)
> is the one that comes with the libgdbm package. There are at least
> three versions around. The GNU one I found in the source,
> libgdbm-1.7.3.tar.gz I think. But if ndbm.h is indeed the problem I can
> mail it.

Thanks for the offer. As it turned out, I downloaded 1.73, compiled
it, and it passes the test runs fine. Having gine through the docs in
hindsight, I realize this means that one of two things fixed my problem.
Either something was fixed in 1.73, or I forgot to do 'make makefiles'
after changing the config.

Now, maybe someone can tell me why I seem to have a gazillion
"Message is frozen" lines in my logfile. While it's not affecting
(what I believe to be) normal operation, I wonder why they're there...

- Evan