Re: [EXIM] Fetching mail

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Mark Baker
A: Philip Hazel
Cc: Francisco Javier Ruiz, Exim users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Fetching mail
On Fri, 7 Nov 1997, Philip Hazel wrote:

> Depends what MTA your ISP is running. If it is running Exim, use could
> be made of the SMTP ETRN command, which you could send to the ISP to ask
> it to push your mail. Some other MTAs also support ETRN.

ETRN is ideal for dialup users, with a proper, albeit only occasional,
internet connection. That won't help Francisco who, as I understood his
message, has a permanent but IP masqueraded connection.

As I see it, he has two solutions:

1) Use POP (or IMAP). If the ISP runs exim the envelope to will be
preserved so he can route it correctly after grabbing it with fetchmail or
something similar.

2) Configure the router so incoming SMTP connections are forwarded to the
mail server. I assume this is possible, it certainly is with the IP
masquerading in linux.