Re: Goodbye Smail

Author: George Bonser
To: Evan Leibovitch
CC: Greg A. Woods, exim-users, smail3-users, Jim Gottlieb
Subject: Re: Goodbye Smail
Sorry to reply to my own message but I thought I could clarify something here.

It is not important that any mailer that I use understand !path routing, all of
the uucp sites that I pass mail to understand internet style addresses. What IS
important is the pathalias style table.

With smail, I have modified the uux transport to create a uux-dom transport by
changing uucp to inet in the transport description.

I have also created a router and transport in exim that looks an address up in
a domain table and hands it off to smail if the mail is destined to a uucp
domain.

I am currently trying to build a list of domain=transport lists with exim so I
can use a domainized uucp transport to some domains and a batched smtp
transport to others based on what I find in the table. I think I would use
a lookup to do that but I am still figuring out the syntax.