Re: Virtual domain question...

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Hennie Rautenbach
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: Virtual domain question...
On Thu, 30 Oct 1997, Hennie Rautenbach wrote:

> local_domains = "info1.domino.co.za:\
>                 dbm;/opt/hppd/exim/domains"

> In my configure file I have the following director:
>
> virtual:
>    domains = dbm;/opt/hppd/exim/domains,
>    driver = aliasfile,
>    no_more;
>    file = /opt/hppd/exim/$domain,
>    search_type = dbm,

> Where /opt/hppd/exim/domains contain one entry: blues.co.za
> and /opt/hppd/exim/blues.co.za contain entries such as:
>
> mike@???    melba@???
> john@???    jp9@???

This won't work unless you set "include_domain" on the aliasfile
director, because without it, only the local part is looked up in the
alias file (i.e. it is going to look up "mike", not "mike@???").
Unfortunately, that option was introduced only in Exim version 1.70.
However, if all the aliases in one file are for the same domain, you can
just cut out that domain.

> These work fine if "mike" is a login id on the host running exim.

I'm surprised!

If you were to run a test such as

exim -bt -d2 mike@???

(or possibly even a higher debugging level) you should be able to see
which directors are being used and which are being skipped, which is
helpful in trying to track down what is going on in this kind of
circumstance.