Re: Wildcard in aliasfile?

Author: Daniel Ryde
To: Philip Hazel
CC: Exim Users
Subject: Re: Wildcard in aliasfile?
On Fri, 24 Oct 1997, Philip Hazel wrote:

> On Fri, 24 Oct 1997, Daniel Ryde wrote:
> > If there are many "rcpt to:" in one mail I loose all but the last
> > address in the "Envelope-to:" header.
>
> Ah. Perhaps this is why I didn't make it work originally. I will have to
> think about that. Thanks for pointing it out.

Hum, it is the same if they are separate aliases in any aliasfile:
foo1:    foo
foo2:    foo

Mailing to "foo1@???, foo2@???" result in one mail with
header "Envelope-to:" only points to foo2@???.

Ok, heres another thing: I tried to add a header
add_headers = "X-rcptto: $recipients"

and that gave an error:
appendfile transport process returned a non-zero status (0x0100)

And the mail got frozen, and the mailbox lockfile was remainig, which
prevented further mail delivery/reading to that mailbox.

Using other variables works fine, but not the $recipients.
The manual says "is recognized only in the system filter file, to prevent
exposure of Bcc recipients to ordinary users", but why is it prevented in
the transport configuration?

Best Regards

Daniel Ryde, System Administrator
Tripnet AB                Visit Address:      Telephone:  +46 31 7252500
Box 5071                  Avagen 42           Fasicmile:  +46 31 7252501
S-402 22 GOTEBORG         GOTEBORG            Email:      ryde@???
Sweden                    Sweden