Re: Segmentation Fault: Some debugs

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Georg v.Zezschwitz
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: Segmentation Fault: Some debugs
On Thu, 23 Oct 1997, Georg v.Zezschwitz wrote:

> it seems to be known from the source code that exim sometimes
> causes segmentation faults in the db-library (that are caught
> by signal handlers in more recent versions).
>
> I don't know if anybody is keen on some dumps, but we have some
> of these segmentation-faults:

Yes, I'm interested to know the code is catching them. I wish I knew how
the DB 1.85 databases get corrupted, which usually leads to this.

> LOG: 0 MAIN PANIC
> SEGV while reading "" from dbm file: record assumed not to exist

I don't think it should be looking for a null string, though. I will see
if I can track what is going on when I get a moment.

Meanwhile, you might like to try running exim_dumpdb on your retry
database and see if it manages to read it all without complaint.

Thanks for the report.

Philip