著者: Piete Brooks
To: danielc
CC: Philip Hazel, exim-users
題目: Re: Hashed Mail Spools
>> Not quite sure what you mean by "hashed mail spools". If you are
>> referring to keeping the mail spool in more than one directory, check
>> out the "split_spool_directory" option. It's hardly a "hash", though.
> Yes, that sounds like what we're looking for.

No it isn't ....

We are talking MTAs here.
PH10's "mail spool" is the spool into which SMTP email arrives before it is
delivered.
He does **NOT** mean where the email is delivered for a user to pick it up.

> i.e. we have user abc with mail stored in:
> /var/spool/a/ab/abc

You can do that by having a DBM containing info as to where each users' mail
should be deliverd by default.

>> Yes. Just splitting into 62 subdirectories, based on the 5th digit of
>> the message id (the least-significant base-62 digit of the time of
>> arrival).
> Hmmm... _that_ doesn't sound like what we need. (:

Indeed -- different "spool"s ...