Re: Hashed Mail Spools

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Daniel Chalef
A: Philip Hazel
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: Hashed Mail Spools
> > I know hashed mail spools were discussed a couple of months ago, and I've
> > searched (for want of a better word <-; ) the archives to no avail.
>
> Not quite sure what you mean by "hashed mail spools". If you are
> referring to keeping the mail spool in more than one directory, check
> out the "split_spool_directory" option. It's hardly a "hash", though.

Yes, that sounds like what we're looking for. i.e. we have user abc with
mail stored in:

/var/spool/a/ab/abc

> > Will exim create the hashed structure automatically upon delivery, or
> > should we do so? What hashed structures are supported?
>
> Yes. Just splitting into 62 subdirectories, based on the 5th digit of
> the message id (the least-significant base-62 digit of the time of
> arrival).

Hmmm... _that_ doesn't sound like what we need. (:

I'll have a look at the "split_spool_directory" configure option. Thanks
for the pointer.

Regards
Daniel
--
Daniel Chalef                        UUNET Internet Africa Network Operations

Disraeli was pretty close: actually, there are Lies, Damn lies, Statistics,
Benchmarks, and Delivery dates.