help required setting up uucp and exim

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Mervyn Jack
A: exim-users
Asunto: help required setting up uucp and exim
Hi there. Before I start, I AM reading the manuals, but running out of
time.
We use debian Linux and have the exim package running smoothly.
I am not too experienced with Linux or exim, however with a bit of help
I can usually get things up and running.
I need to set up a uucp mail service for one of our customers, who will
most likely use "mailcoach" to pick up their email.
I have installed uucp (debian package), The man and doc pages are a bit
confusing as to what needs to be set up for the user to login and pick
up their email. There seems to be more emphasis on using uucp to collect
email. So I'd be gratefull for any help pointers or suggestions with
that regards.

As for exim, I've been reading the documentation and mailing list
archives and boy, I'm getting confused.
Of course there seems to be many ways of doing it. If anyone has time to
explaing the steps exim has to take to deal with virtual domain email
via uucp and perhaps associate examples of config items, I'd be very
grateful.

TIO.

Back to the docs.

--
Mervyn Jack, Technical Director, Country Netlink Pty Ltd.
PO Box 529, Cobram, Vic. Australia, 3644