Re: help

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Nigel Metheringham
Cc: Adrian Bool, exim-users
Asunto: Re: help
On Thu, 16 Oct 1997, Nigel Metheringham wrote:

> [However, isn't whats really being asked for is the ability to tell exim
> to make a delivery connection to "site" and shove all outstanding messages
> for "site" down it??]

I understood this to mean "any of the -Mx options", which would include
-Mrm and -Mg as well as the pushing ones.

> I must admit that I haven't seen a means off the command line to persuade
> exim to process all outstanding for a site along with the currently
> processed message - it may just be that the spawned of process that should
> be handling the additional deliveries down the connection you have started
> is not logging verbosely and isn't so visible...

The concept of "outstanding for a site" is not well-defined in Exim. You
can push all messages with an address outstanding for a given *domain* by
using -R.

Provided it previously did the routing, Exim should automatically push all
outstanding for a *host* when it makes a successful delivery to that
host. Such deliveries are identified in the log file by an * after the
IP address, e.g., from today's log here:

1997-10-16 10:36:44 0xLlST-0005o1-00 => xxxxxx@???
R=lookuphost T=smtp H=muwayb.ucs.unimelb.EDU.AU [128.250.20.7]

1997-10-16 10:36:48 0xLlSA-0005nE-00 => xxxxxxxxxxxxxx@???
R=lookuphost T=smtp H=muwayb.ucs.unimelb.EDU.AU [128.250.20.7]*

Note the second of these has a smaller id number, so it must have arrived
some time ago and failed to get delivered earlier.