Rmail script for exim

Author: Dean Brooks
To: exim-users
Subject: Rmail script for exim
Hi,

Although we realize Exim is not meant for use with UUCP in general,
we have indeed found it to be quite usable for this purpose.

However, when exim is invoked as rmail, it automatically assumes
the "-i" option which is correct. However, we also need exim to
assume an extra option of "-f $sender_address" when invoked as rmail.

Smail3.2 documentation, for example says:

    > To receive mail over UUCP, smail  can  be  invoked  directly
    > from  uuxqt  as  /bin/rmail.  Alternately, /bin/rmail can be
    > another program that invokes smail directly as
    >
    >     smail -em -i -fsender-address recipient address ...

My question is whether or not anyone has either (a) modified exim
to set the Envelope-From to the sender address when invoked as rmail,
or (b) if someone has written a shell-scripted (or similar) rmail that
invokes exim with the appropriate options.

Any help would be appreciated.

                    Regards, Dean
--
Dean A. Brooks