著者: Jim Gottlieb
To: exim-users
題目: MX/UUCP/config
Tired of all the bugs that have crept into smail, I have dived into
exim. I could use a little help with the transition, though. This is
version 1.71 under Solaris 2.5.1.

A few comments/questions:

The manual says that for configuration options "If the option name is
specified on its own, the switch is turned on", but when I try that:
relay_domains           # Don't relay to/from arbitrary domains
I get
"=" expected after relay_domains in line 114

How do I deal with MXs pointing to the local host? I see the "self"
variable, and I tried adding it as follows:

lookuphost:
driver = lookuphost,
self = fail_soft,
transport = remote_smtp;

but that didn't take care of all cases. I think I need another router
that deals with hosts on the local network (like forcepaths in smail),
that can then route doing a simple non-MX lookup, but I'm not sure how
to set this up. Something to do with those smtp driver options, but
where do I specify those? There is no driver configuration section.
Do I do it in the routers or the transports or ??? Specifically, I
think I need to define a transport using gethostbyname=true, but
wherever I try specifying this, I get an error. Where does this go?

How do I deal with all the domains that I MX for and then UUCP to? Do
I need to add them all to local_domains? How do I map these domains to
UUCP hosts? I guess I need to write some kind of pipe transport. I
assume some people have done this already, so I would appreciate seeing
what others have done. In the archives I saw a transport that did
this, but used:

command = "/usr/bin/uux - -r ${domain}!rmail ${local_part}@${domain}",

This seems to make the big assumption that the first part of the FQDN
will be the same as the UUCP host name, no? I need to be able to map
these a la the paths file (i.e. user@??? needs to go to
pomona!user or even zygot!pomona!user where zygot is my local UUCP
gateway machine and can be reached by SMTP).

Sorry, but I'm just a bit overwhelmed at this point, trying to convert
9 years of smail configurations into exim, and with no examples. Any
help would be appreciated.

Thanks.