LDAP

Author: Bob Green
To: exim-users
Subject: LDAP
Hi,

I've been playing with the Exim sourcecode and now have a version of 1.73 which
knows how to look up keys via LDAP to a given server. My need was quite
specific (we need to run alongside HP's BrokenMail, oops, I mean OpenMail) and
I'm now able to look addresses up in the Corporate phone directory. Thinking
about it though, LDAP seems to be popping up all over the place, it might be
worth putting in a bit more effort and making my code more of a general
solution to looking arbitrary fields up via LDAP and returning specific other
fields relating to the matching entry, much as the NIS+ code does. My question
is: would there be any interest in this if I did it? If there's enough
interest, I'll put the time in and hand it over to Philip, otherwise I won't
bother.

Thoughts anyone?

-Bob