Re: domain added to fully qualified addresses

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Bruno.Vuillemin
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: domain added to fully qualified addresses
On Fri, 10 Oct 1997 Bruno.Vuillemin@??? wrote:

> (BTW a setting allowing only defined users to send mail outside unifr.ch
> is a key feature that we need. I must have a look on smartuser
> to do that, until Mr Hazel has enough time to add this in exim :-) )

One user of exim is managing to support that kind of thing by some
cunning re-writing code. By rewriting outgoing senders in his local
domain via a lookup, he can generate an illegal address if the lookup
fails. I can't quite remember the exact details...

>    DNS lookup of cern.ch (MX) succeeded
> (1)    fully qualified name = cern.ch.unifr.ch
>    host_find_bydns yield = HOST_FOUND (2); returned hosts:

> (1) why is unifr.ch added ?

Because the DNS lookup returned a fully qualified record. There does
indeed seem to be such a record in the DNS. I've just looked it up from
here:

cern.ch.unifr.ch.       86400   MX      10 swifr9.unifr.ch.

Do you perhaps have a wildcard MX for unifr.ch? Wildcard MX records lead
to all sorts of problems. Yes, I think you do; I've just looked this up:

the.quick.brown.fox.unifr.ch.   86400   MX      10 swifr9.unifr.ch.

As to why your DNS resolver isn't finding the "real" cern.ch record
before adding your domain name and trying again, I'm not really sure.
However, you could try setting no_search_parents in the lookuphost
router. I think that should stop it.

Philip