Re: Spam Filter

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Greg A. Woods
A: Tom
Cc: Pete Ashdown, Exim Mailing List
Asunto: Re: Spam Filter
[ On Wed, October 8, 1997 at 23:07:38 (-0700), tom@??? wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: Spam Filter
>
> I don't particularly like TCP wrappers, especially big ones, because of
> the constant re-parsing of the same config file. But I guess it could be
> converted for Exim's "sender_net_reject".

TCP Wrappers are a whole lot easier to implement (trivial really) than
trying to get BGP running, esp. if you don't already have BGP running,
and esp. if you're on the end of a very narrow pipe!

TCP Wrappers are nice and general too -- you can go nearly instantly
from rejecting just SMTP connections to rejecting every type of
connection they might think to bomb you with. Not quite as nice as an
IP filter in your router or firewall, but given the nature of SMTP
they're a lot nicer on the poor remote user who might not know he's
sharing bandwidth with known perpetrators of e-mail abuse. THis way the
mailer can send back a nice 500 message explaining that his connection
has been administratively refused for local policy reasons.

--
                            Greg A. Woods

+1 416 443-1734      VE3TCP      <gwoods@???>      <robohack!woods>
Planix, Inc. <woods@???>; Secrets of the Weird <woods@???>