Re: Exim & Relay control

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Evan Leibovitch
Cc: exim-users
Temas nuevos: smrsh
Asunto: Re: Exim & Relay control
On Mon, 6 Oct 1997, Evan Leibovitch wrote:

> I want to deny all relays *except* from other systems on the local
> network. That is, I want to be able to allow other.fubar.com to punt mail
> to 'gate' for sending wherever.
>
> As I read section 44.5 of the manual on relaying, setting 'relay_domains'
> has to do with the *recipients* of relays, not senders -- so it does not
> appear to be the solution here.

Correct. There are two controls here:

(1) Which domains you are prepared to relay to from any host on the
Internet: this is controlled by relay_domains. ("I'm prepared to relay
mail addressed to barfu.com and foobar.net, but nobody else.")

(2) Which hosts you are prepared to relay from to any domain on the
Internet: this is controlled by sender_{host,net}_{accept,reject}_relay.
("I'm prepared to be a general mail gateway for this set of hosts, but no
others.")

Note the symmetry between domains and hosts. (Hmm. I quite like that
description. I'll try to put something like it into the next edition of
the manual.)

> Do I have to set 'sender_net_accept_relay' to fubar.com *and* set
> 'sender_host_accept_relay' to * ? Or is having fubar.com in
> 'local_domains' good enough?

You have to set sender_net_accept_relay to match your local network. (Or
you could match by host, but by network is probably easier.) Then any
machine on your local network will be permitted to relay via your host
to any other domain whatsoever.

I hope this helps.

Philip