Re: relay questions

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Wayne Folta
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: relay questions
>local_domains = ccmail.comstat.com:ctd.comsat.com:comsat.com

This is like a discussion I had with Philip offline. Many of us believe,
for whatever reason, that "netmail.to" is a domain, but
"server1.netmail.to" is a host. Exim does not make this simplistic
distinction.

A related area for misunderstanding is what it means to relay mail. My
naive belief would be that mail passing through my server to another is
relayed. But exim considers some locally-delivered mail to be relayed.

This causes a problem for the newbie. You look at eximstats and see what
mail is being relayed. You think about users who will use your server as
their SMTP server. You create some anti-relay settings to allow the good
stuff through... And it rejects all kinds of locally-bound email.

Why? Because an exim process can relay within itself and it uses the
anti-relay variables in the process. Unfortunately, there is no record made
of such implicit relaying, you have to know what is going on.

(I forget the particulars of my problem, but it might have involved an
alias or procmail local delivery.)

Wayne Folta
wayne@???