Re: list of blocked IP addresses in a file?

Author: Chris Thompson
To: Alan Thew
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: list of blocked IP addresses in a file?
Alan Thew writes:

> Can this be done? The docs for 1.73 seem to indicate that it cannot. These
> are all to be blocked for anti spam reasons but most have no PTR record
> and while I could use a file of networks, this seems right now a little
> OTT (although a nicely comented file would be great...).

Yes, it can: use the facility to include an external file in a net-list,
such as sender_net_reject_recipients. There is nothing to stop you specifying
a mask of /32 so that the "network" covers only a single host. E.g.

sender_net_reject_recipients = /etc/exim/lists/blocked-networks

with the latter file containing

  123.123.123.123/32   # block one host
  131.111.0.0/16       # not to mention all mail from Cambridge...

Chris Thompson               Cambridge University Computing Service,
Email: cet1@???    New Museums Site, Cambridge CB2 3QG,
Phone: +44 1223 334715       United Kingdom.