lsearch or string expansion with senders option

Author: John Horne
To: exim-users
Subject: lsearch or string expansion with senders option
I'm trying to setup a restricted type mailing list whereby there is a
separate file containing a list of users who are able to mail to the list -
at our site this is typically a mailing list of students, with the lecturers
being the only senders to the list.

To do this I'm using the generic director "senders" option. However, I'd like
to not have to include the domain name in the senders file itself since this
is the same anyway for all the senders. I tried using :

senders="lsearch;/lists/${lc:$local_part}-senders@PLYMOUTH:POSTMASTER"

where PLYMOUTH and POSTMASTER are predefined variables. PLYMOUTH being
"plymouth.ac.uk". This didn't work since it seemed that the lsearch was
looking for a file that ended in "-senders@PLYMOUTH" rather than just "-
senders". I then tried :

senders="lsearch;/lists/${lc:$local_part}-senders"@PLYMOUTH:POSTMASTER

Exim panics on this with "...extra characters follow string for variable
senders...". If I use :

senders=lsearch;/lists/${lc:$local_part}-senders:POSTMASTER

with the domain name in the senders file then it all works fine. However, is
it possible to configure this to avoid the domain name in the file?

Thanks,

John.