Regular expression in address lists

Author: John Horne
To: exim-users
Subject: Regular expression in address lists
Before we start...I have read the manual and as far as I can see this should
work (famous last words).

I'm trying to use regular expressions with the "sender_reject_except"
option. "sender_reject" contains just "plymouth.ac.uk" (this is for testing
only BTW), and any message I send gets (correctly) rejected. If I use
"jhorne@???" with "sender_reject_except" then exim (correctly)
accepts the message. But if I use "^jhorne@???$" then the message
is again rejected. Surely the two should in effect be the same? Escaping the
dots in the latter makes no difference (as expected).

I'll try some more combinations, but it looks right to me.

John.