ignore MX record?

Author: Andy Mell
To: exim-users
Subject: ignore MX record?

I have an exim problem...

There are two MX records for the same mailhost here. handling a domain
and a subdomain of that domain. I want some mail addressed to the
subdomain to be forwarded to another mail server, some not. Entries in the
aliases file determines which mail server the mail goes to.

If I have a message that gives the following error and gets frozen:

R=lookuphost defer (-1): lowest numbered MX record points to local host

I actually want this message to be delivered to the A record of the
host mentioned, ignoring the MX record completely... How can this be
done? The 'self' router option does not seem to cater for this possibility?

All this worked fine in sendmail - interesting.

Thanks

Andy
--
Andy Mell, Cambridge University Press, North American Branch,
40 West 20th Street, New York NY 10011-4211, USA. Email: amell@???