newbie

Author: webadmin
To: exim-users
Subject: newbie
Hi

I need to setup up a mail service based on nodename

alias1@???---->abc
alias2@???

etc etc

I believe that accounts for user abc and def do not need to be created
in the /etc/passwd file

Is this true

Also how do i setup the file containing this rewriting.
Is it a flat file converted into a dbm file (like sendmail) or not. If
its a dbm file can you place new accounts in there on the fly or like
sendmail do you need to rebuild the dbm. I have read the faq, but don't
seem to follow that much!!

Also i do i set a spam filter, both globally and individually.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

iqbal