Re: EXPN?

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Skye Merlin Poier
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: EXPN?
On Fri, 19 Sep 1997, Skye Merlin Poier wrote:

> Right, I've got it enabled, I just want its functionality to be a little
> greater. In the docs 'expn' is by default true for all directors - so
> I assumed adding it wouldn't give me the extended information I was
> looking for, namely to show pipes and expanded aliases-based mail lists.

It does show alias-based mail lists and pipes:

xoanon$ telnet 127.0.0.1 25
Trying ::ffff:127.0.0.1...
Connected to 127.0.0.1.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 xxxxxxxxxx.cam.ac.uk ESMTP Exim 1.72 #26 Mon, 22 Sep 1997 09:10:43 +0100
expn postmaster
250-ph10@???
250 ph10@???
expn pipe
250 |/home/ph10/exim/util/testpipe.sh $domain $local_part_suffix

So, what are you doing different to me? Note that the "expn" in the
directors just enables their use _when EXPN is enabled_. I had to put

smtp_expn_hosts = localhost

in my configuration before it would do the above.