Re: Interpreting rejectlog "recipients from..." entries.

Author: John Horne
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: Interpreting rejectlog "recipients from..." entries.
> > } sender_net_accept_relay = "204.249.49.0/204.249.50.0"
> >                                           ^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Why not? There may be some esoteric cases where people want to use funny
> masks. Rare, I agree, but should Exim prevent that?

I don't think it should be prevented, but, obviously, whoever's configuring
the mail system should be careful of this. Having said that, a short while
ago I was looking at one option involving netmasks (can't remember which) and
wanted to allow all networks except our own (or vice-versa). I tinkered with
the idea of an odd netmask to do this (a sort of XOR (or some such thing) of
our actual IP address). I got around the problem another way - must have
since the odd netmask isn't in the configure file!

John.