Re: Virtual Domains

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Andrew Alston
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: Virtual Domains
On Tue, 16 Sep 1997, Andrew Alston wrote:

> Hi, does exim have a feature whereby all mail for a particular domain can
> go into a seperate spool directory, and everything else goes into the
> normal spool directory? If so, how do I set this up?

The short answer is No. But you could set up a router to send all such
mail to a non-standard port on the same host, and have a different
instance of exim with its own configuration, spool etc., listening on
that port (and configured to reject connections on it from all other
hosts).

Alternatively, pass all such mail to a pipe that calls the alternate
version of Exim so you don't even have to mess with a TCP/IP port.