smartuser and alias file consectutively

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: mark david mcCreary
A: exim-users
Temas antiguos: Re: Reverse IP lookups
Asunto: smartuser and alias file consectutively
I am getting extra fancy, have tried a bunch of combinations, and would appreciate any feedback as to whether this is possible.

I seem to have the virtual domains working quite nicely with one alias type file. It contains a default address line for each domain name, plus any individual addresses lines that may be different from the default.

virtual_specific:
driver = smartuser,
domains = "partial-lsearch;/etc/aliases.virtual";
new_address = ${lookup{$local_part@$domain}lsearch{/etc/aliases.virtual} {$value} fail};

virtual_default:
driver = smartuser,
domains = "partial-lsearch;/etc/aliases.virtual";
new_address = ${lookup{$domain}lsearch{/etc/aliases.virtual} {$value} fail};

Very nice, and very easy to manage one file from an administrative view point. Mucho Gracias.

The fancy part is that some of my virtual domain clients want each message sent to 2 or more places. So I would like to pass the first expansion from smartuser to an alias file, which can easily send to two or more addresses.

So I set up another director and the appropriate files.

dual_aliases:
driver = aliasfile;
file = /etc/aliases.dual,
search_type = lsearch,
user = exim

When an email message comes in for one of these fancy domains, the smartuser must return a complete email address (not just a local part). I tried alias-domain.com@???. It fails with LOCALHOST type error.

I tried new_director = dual_aliases, in the smartuser director.

I looked at self, but could not figure out what to put for domain in rewrite(domain).

I can see where Exim might have some problem with what I want to do. On the other hand, there are so many ways to do it ...

Is a double pass-thru possible with the smartuser gadget ?

Thanks

mark

mark david mcCreary
Internet Tools, Inc.            1436 West Gray #438
mdm@???          Houston, Texas 77019
http://www.internet-tools.com    713.627.9600