Re: About Return-receipt-to

Author: Doug S
To: Jose Roberto Bulcao
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: About Return-receipt-to
Thus spake Jose Roberto Bulcao:

> I've checked that "as-is" Exim ignores the "Return-receipt-to:" header.
> Does anybody knows if is it possible to define a driver to treat this
> header as sendmail does? We are using Exim v.1.62.

Better hope you don't get e-mail from one of the PC netmail servers
that stick a 'Return-receipt-to' in auto-responses generating a nasty
mail loop.

I had one of these nail someone on one of my systems (one of the few
I'd not converted to exim yet) and ended up blowing away over 1,500
of these. I put exim in that very day, because it was apparent exim
didn't process the r-r-t header, and I saw no point in fixing sendmaul.
(Even the "make" for exim ran faster).

One machine left to go, and I run a snedmail-free zone!

--
Doug S. (doug@???) (http://cc.ysu.edu/~doug/)

If you get hung up on what you did wrong, you're never gonna get anywhere.
        -- Kenneth Copeland