Mailer wars

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Nigel Metheringham
A: exim-users
Asunto: Mailer wars
Can we try and keep the heat level of the list down a bit.

I originally pointed out the existence (or at least near existence) of
Vmail, and rather ill advisedly dropped a light hearted comment in which
is less advised in hindsight than it seemed at the time - my apologies for
that. However I don't want this to become the "my mailer is better than
yours" list. Neither do I want to stick head firmly in sand and say that
exim is wonderful and not to be criticised.

If someone does the work to compare any 2 mailers in detail *under* *load*
(ie not the tick mark comparison of feature lists), then I will certainly
host that on the exim web site.

I am also aware that the exim security model is not as good as that of
qmail. In practice that does not need necessarily matter, but in the case
of a bug in the mailer, your config or the supporting tools, then you will
certainly be less deep in the <insert-favourite-nasty-stuff> with qmail
than exim. It would be good if we could work on that aspect of exim -
although some part of this would need major redesign.

    Nigel.

--
[ Nigel.Metheringham@???   -  Systems Software Engineer ]
[ Tel : +44 113 251 6012                   Fax : +44 113 224 0003 ]