Re: Filter File Bug?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Chris Harris
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: Filter File Bug?
On Thu, 28 Aug 1997, Chris Harris wrote:

> However, when a piece of spam that should get thrown into the junk folder
> by my "trap" arrives, it arrives in my inbox. I do get an entry in my
> filter log -- two in fact -- that go something like this:
> junking: (sub: ''; from: 'bones@???')
> ok suffix: '-junk' (sub: ''; from: 'bones@???')
> But even though the mail is apparently being redirected to my chrish-junk
> address, it still arrives in my inbox, which seems wrong.

Your filter reads:

# Exim Filter

logfile $home/filter.log 0644

  if $local_part_suffix is "" then
    if $header_to: does not contain "chrish@???" and
    $header_to: does not contain "chris_harris@???" and
    $header_to: does not contain "chrish@???" and
    $header_to: does not contain "chrish@???" and
    $header_to: does not contain "chrish@???" and
    $header_cc: does not contain "chrish@???" and
    $header_cc: does not contain "chris_harris@???" and
    $header_cc: does not contain "chrish@???" and
    $header_cc: does not contain "chrish@???" then
      log "junking: (sub: '$header_subject:'; from: '$header_from:')"
      seen deliver chrish-junk@???
    endif
  else
    log "ok suffix: '$local_part_suffix' (sub: '$header_subject:'; from:
  '$header_from:')"
  endif

So, when you get a bit of mail addressed to chrish@domain which is not
personal, it gets redirected to chrish-junk@???.
Fine. Exim then tries to deliver to that address. It discovers it is
you, so it runs your filter file. This time, the suffix is not "", so
the message falls through. This is consistent with the log messages you
get. So what happens next depends on the directors you have in your
configuration that follow the one that runs your filter file.

As you didn't attach your Exim configuration, I don't know what those
are. To do what you want, they should include one that recognizes the
"junk" suffix.

I suggest you try running a delivery (or a -bt call) with the -d9 option
set. This will produce lots of debugging output, which should tell you
(or me if you send it to me) which directors are handling the addresses
and in what order. That should make it possible to follow what is going
on.