著者: Nigel R. Armfield
To: exim-users
題目: Oops...
Hi,

I've just upgraded to exim-1.70, and all looked OK until I
noticed that some mail wasn't delivering locally.

On looking closely, I saw what was happening, in our old
'configuration' file, we have an entry which takes care
of delivering student EMail to a specific place. The entry
looks like this:

student_delivery:
driver = appendfile;
file = /var/spool/smail/${length_3:$local_part}/${local_part}

The intention is to strip the first three letters from their
username in order to determine which directory to put it
in (so as to avoid one directory with 20,000 students :-)

In my old version of Exim (1.59), this worked. In 1.70 the
directory component ends up being the complete username,
rather than the first three letters.

I haven't read the documentation closely, but have noticed
that there seems to be a few more string options which will
help with this sort of thing - I was rather surprised when
this didn't work though - should it ?

Thanks,

Nigel

Nigel R. Armfield                N.R.Armfield@???
Campus Network Manager
Computing Services                Voice: +44 113 283 3119
Leeds Metropolitan University            Fax:   +44 113 283 5962
LEEDS LS1 3HE
UK