[Ulrich Drepper <drepper@ipd.info.uni-karlsruhe.de>] Re: soc…

Author: Neal Becker
To: exim-users
Subject: [Ulrich Drepper <drepper@ipd.info.uni-karlsruhe.de>] Re: socket options
So, anyone care to suggest the ideal implementation of ip socket
options? Now's your chance, I suppose, to influence the design for
glibc. At least, this message would seem to suggest so.

Neal Becker <neal@???> writes:

> Why has glibc gone with ip socket options that is not compatible with
> older systems, nor is it compatible with earlier linux libc? I just
> patched exim-1.62 to work with glibc-2.0.4. Now it not only has
> #ifdef linux

I've used what some people told me but meanwhile I got several
suggestions to change this or that. All I can read from this is that
nobody really seems to know how it should look like.

When possible I followed POSIX.1g and for the rest I had to believe
the who sent the code. If you have your own visions of how it should
look like discuss this here and tell me about the result. I don't
know enough to judge about this.

-- Uli
---------------.      drepper@???  ,-.   Rubensstrasse 5
Ulrich Drepper  \    ,-------------------'   \  76149 Karlsruhe/Germany