Re: Help........Please!

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Nigel Cass
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: Help........Please!
On Tue, 12 Aug 1997, Nigel Cass wrote:

> One of our aliases needs to pipe out to another program which manages
> our lists. However when the list program trys to mail - it uses an
> address which only contains a local part. I thought it was enough to
> tell exim to qualify all unqualified addresses.

For mail from remote machines you need to tell it which machines you are
prepared to accept unqualified addresses from. If you set

receiver_unqualified_hosts = *

it will allow the whole world to send you unqualified addresses, which
Exim will then qualifiy with its qualify domain. You may prefer to
restrict the set of hosts (or networks) from which you accept
unqualified addresses by being more selective with
receiver_unqualified_hosts and/or setting receiver_unqualified_nets.
Note that spammers have in the past abused systems which accept
unqualified addresses from anywhere.