Re: Adding Custom Headers

Author: Manar Hussain
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: Adding Custom Headers
>Indeed. There is certainly a line to be drawn somewhere; I think the
>MTA should be limited to relatively simple manipulations. However, what
>isn't simple today may become simple tomorrow because of other changes
>or because I figure out a simple way of doing it. So I keep a note of
>all these kinds of idea to brood on from time to time.

On the other hand, too many nice-ities added in this sort of way can tie
you hands. Modifications/overhauls that make sense to the core set of
functionality (as an MTA) may make some feature that are not core (but was
added due to it's ease at the time) hard to accomodate ... it would be
shame to see such a situation arise and force a compromise ...

Manar