UUCP & Exim

Author: Georg v.Zezschwitz
To: exim-users
Subject: UUCP & Exim
Hi around,

we'd like to use Exim at all locations we provide instead of running
Exim only at our main location.

However, as we still have (and love) our UUCP-customers, we'd have
to support them.

In the UUCP-world, the old-stylish "Bang"-Format is still not dead.
Configuring Exim to deliver mail to UUCP-customers seems to be no
problem - the normal pipe-drivers should work well, if the customer
is ready to accept mail in UUCP-style.

However, customers might send mails in the Bang-Format, and there
should be a rmail, that understands them.

My idea is to write a rmail that converts Bang-format to FQDN and
passes the jobs to Exim.

However, one invention of the wheel is enough, and I wonder if the
job is done already by somebody.

Greetings,

Georg
POP Point of Presence GmbH