Re: [0-9]@ filter

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: John Henders
A: Tim Patterson
Cc: Exim Mailing List
Asunto: Re: [0-9]@ filter

On Tue, Jul 22/97, Tim Patterson <tim@???> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Suggestions for freezing all mail from the [0-9]@domain.com
> type spammers.

Are you sure you want to accept and freeze it? I am using the new 1.651
release with it's @@partial-lsearch feature to match and reject them.
1.651 is completely stable on our server which is doing about 100K
messages a day so I don't think there's excessive risks in upgrading.

If I find some actual legitimate sites with 8 number user id's I will
generate exceptions for them.

Another amusing thing to try when you spot these spammers in your reject
log is fire off a winnuke packet at them. Not that I would ever do this
of course, as it would be wrong. I wonder if Philip could be convinced
to add code to run an external program on a specific pattern match.

--
  Artificial Intelligence stands no chance against Natural Stupidity.