Re: Hoo boy...

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Lee McLoughlin
A: Philip Hazel
Cc: Pete Ashdown, Exim Mailing List
Temas nuevos: Exim buffer overruns [was Re: Hoo boy...]
Asunto: Re: Hoo boy...
Philip Hazel wrote:

> On Mon, 21 Jul 1997, Pete Ashdown wrote:
>
> > Enjoy...
>
> Thank you. It might have been useful if the author of this had mailed it
> to me (or even this list) before making such a public thing of it, but I
> suppose that is too much to expect.

There are a lot of people in the world who act this way. Of course most
of them are under the age of six.

> I am only "passing through" my office this week (and only for a couple
> of hours today), being effectively on vacation till August 11th. I will
> post a patch as soon as I come up with one, but it may not happen very
> quickly. Sorry, folks, but I do have a life outside Exim, and I refused
> to panic and get stressed, because I learned many years ago that stress
> is not good for me. Nowadays I walk away from it. If you feel you need a
> fix before I can provide one, then someone else will have to write it.

I've had a quick peek at the code and the attached one list change
should fix it.

    Lee

--
Lee McLoughlin.                         Phone: +44 171 594 8388
IC-Parc, Imperial College,              Fax:   +44 171 594 8432
South Kensington, London. SW7 2BZ. UK.  Email: L.McLoughlin@???
*** parse.c.orig    Tue Jul 22 09:43:27 1997
--- parse.c    Tue Jul 22 09:57:49 1997
***************
*** 1019,1025 ****
    else if (strncmp(s, ":include:", 9) == 0)
      {
      char *filebuf;
!     char filename[256];
      struct stat statbuf;
      address_item *last;
      int extracted;
--- 1019,1025 ----
    else if (strncmp(s, ":include:", 9) == 0)
      {
      char *filebuf;
!     char *filename = store_malloc( len-8 );
      struct stat statbuf;
      address_item *last;
      int extracted;