Re: include in an alias file

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Bruno.Vuillemin
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: include in an alias file
On Mon, 21 Jul 1997 Bruno.Vuillemin@??? wrote:

> I have problems with the ":include:" clause in an alias file.
>
> here is the alias file
> ----
> # userAliases are the standarts users
> #
> :include:/home/exim/operational/domain1/userAliases
> #
> # listsAliases processses the lists defs
> #
> :include:/home/exim/operational/domain1/listAliases
> #

I think you have misunderstood how :include: works. It is something you
put as one of the items an alias expands into. For example:

some-list-name: :include:/file/containing/list

You seem to be wanting to have two different alias files scanned by a
single aliasfile director. I'm afraid that isn't possible. You will have
to set up two different aliasfile directors, each scanning its own file,
or have a means of building an "operational" file by joining the two
constituents together.

Philip