著者: Philip Hazel
To: Tim Cutts
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: A couple of filtering problems
On Mon, 21 Jul 1997, I wrote:

> On Mon, 14 Jul 1997, Tim Cutts wrote:
>
> > 1) I am trying to restrict the checking to mail messages sent from
> > machines in .com and .net, so I tried the following:
> >
> > if $sender_host_name: matches "\\.(com|net)\\$"
> >
> > but this never seems to match anything. Have I made some stupid error
> > here?
>
> You shouldn't have the \\ before the $.

Sorry, I lied. Brain not in gear after being away. The use of \ is
particularly awkward for "matches" because it gets interpreted on 3
levels:

(1) If the string is in quotes, one level is stripped away by the normal
    quoted string processing;

(2) The string is then expanded, which removes another layer of \;

(3) Interpretation of regular expressions also looks for \.

Thus you should really have

if $sender_host_name: matches "\\\\.(com|net)\\$"

but it would be simpler to write

if $sender_host_name: matches \\.(com|net)\$

since there is no whitespace in the string.

However, I tried your original and it worked. At least I thought I did.
Then I looked more closely. What I actually tried was

if $sender_host_name matches "\\.(com|net)\\$"

Notice the subtle difference? That's the main problem!