Re: rejectlog

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Chris Thompson
A: Nick Waterman
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: rejectlog
Nick Waterman writes;
[...]
> I APPEAR to have got the reject options set up right, but I wanted to
> examine rejectlog to prove it to myself. I've deliberately induced a few
> rejections, but my log directory still only contails "mainlog" and an
> old "paniclog". Why isn't my rejectlog being created?
>
> I've still got the one-liner in mainlog, but was hoping for a bit more.
>
> I'll admit I'm still using v0.55 - was rejectlog added later?

0.55 - gulp! Nevertheless, rejectlog is even older than that.

Check the permissions of the <exim-spool-directory>/log directory. It may
be that Exim is unable to create log/rejectlog. These days it would would
write a paniclog entry if that happened, but who knows what it would have done
in 0.55? Well, you could work it out, I suppose, as you have the source. :-]

Also you could try a bit of -d9 debugging.

> Before anyone complains, YES, I'm intending to upgrade sooner or later,
> probably when phil gets around to this next big stable release he's
> planning.

I would certainly do that before declaring yourself "revenge-proof" :-)

Actually, relaying controls on e-mail are thankfully becoming commoner at
serious sites (although they have very little penetration on the Internet
as a whole). You are unlikely to attract very much attention from the
spammers if you turn them on: they will just move on to the next patsy.

Chris Thompson               Cambridge University Computing Service,
Email: cet1@???    New Museums Site, Cambridge CB2 3QG,
Phone: +44 1223 334715       United Kingdom.