Mailbox locking problems

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: David.Osborne
A: exim-users
Asunto: Mailbox locking problems
Since we moved to exim for local deliveries on our Unix systems, I'm getting a
number of users whose mailboxes are locked -- exim logs "local_delivery
transport deferred: failed to lock mailbox /var/mail/username (fcntl)".

In our case, /var/mail is NFS-mounted on the mail delivery system (Sun, Solaris
2.5) from our fileserver (DEC Alpha, OSF 3.2 + ADVFS). Most users use Pine to
read their mail. I can usually clear the lock by su'ing to the affected
usernames and running CDE's dtmail but this is tedious, so I need to fix the
problem.

Any ideas what's causing this? NFS problems? Mail client? Exim? No-one else
seems to be suffering this problem, as far as I can tell.

--
David Osborne                          email: David.Osborne@???
Cripps Computing Centre                             tel: +44 (0)115 951 3397