Re: Exim 1.631 does not compile.

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Friso Kuipers
Cc: Exim users list, postmaster
Asunto: Re: Exim 1.631 does not compile.
On Thu, 26 Jun 1997, Friso Kuipers wrote:

> Unlike other Exims (last version 1.625) 1.631 fails to compile on my

Quote from the Testing/README file in the distribution directory:

"The people who are supposed to be doing the testing know who they are."

There is no guarantee that any release of Exim under the Testing
directory has been as fully checked out as a "real" release. In
particular, this one had been compiled only on Solaris 2.

Nevertheless, thank you for trying it out. I don't actually mind anybody
playing with Testing releases, as long as they are aware of the
limitations.

As it happens, I was already alerted to the problem by the person who
was doing this particular testing for me. You should be able to get it
to compile by inserting

#define f_frsize f_bsize

into the exim.h file at this point:

#ifdef HAVE_STATFS
  #ifdef HAVE_SYS_STATVFS_H
    #include <sys/statvfs.h>
  #else
    #define statvfs statfs
    #define f_frsize f_bsize         <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    #ifdef HAVE_SYS_VFS_H
      #include <sys/vfs.h>
      #ifdef HAVE_SYS_STATFS_H
      #include <sys/statfs.h>
      #endif
    #endif
    #ifdef HAVE_SYS_MOUNT_H
    #include <sys/mount.h>
    #endif
  #endif
#endif

In about a week's time I'm going to stop work on the code and start on
the documentation. At that point I will check that it compiles on as
many systems as I can, and then I will put out a testing release and ask
the list to try compiling it on any other systems they have access to,
and do as many tests as they like. The "real" release will then happen a
few (working) weeks later (I've got some vacation time coming up) when
I've got the documentation updated, and by that time we should at least
have the system-dependent problems sorted out.

Philip