Re: colon expected after route?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Nick Waterman
Cc: exim users mailing list
Asunto: Re: colon expected after route?
On Mon, 23 Jun 1997, Nick Waterman wrote:

> 1997-06-23 14:28:11 les@???: eh_org_ok director deferred:
>     <les@???> - error in alias file: colon expected after route in
>     "L.E.S.@dial.pipex.com"
> *** Frozen ***

> Now, I'll admit that I'm still on exim 0.55, and I really ought to find
> time to upgrade, but with all the db worries recently, I've been
> stalling.
>
> What produces this "L.E.S.@dial.pipex.com" error? Is it assuming
> "L.E.S." is a domain rather than a local-part?

"L.E.S." is not a valid local part on a strict reading of RFC 822, since
it ends in a dot. Looks like Exim is not doing very well at giving a
sensible error message.

> Has it been fixed?

There have been very many changes since 0.55. The ChangeLog for 0.57
contains the following:

  70. Permit null components in local parts, e.g. a..n..other, because many
  other mailers do. Permit them in the middle and at the end (but not at the
  beginning). Sigh.

> Is there any way I can get around it for the moment before upgrading?

Avoid non-valid RFC 822 addresses?

Philip