Re: "setgroups() failed..." error for non-root

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Nigel Metheringham
A: Piete Brooks
Cc: Chris Harris, exim-users
Asunto: Re: "setgroups() failed..." error for non-root

Piete.Brooks@??? said:
} When I reported this problem, ph10 said I was the only person to set
} exim up to run other than root -- looks like you are the second :-)

The reason I run as root is to get port 25 and not have to run from inetd.

I suggested a while back (and haven't actually checked whether its
there...) that a mode be added where a copy could be launched from inetd
but handle all subsequent connections to port 25 - in the same way as
pidentd and bootp (the CMU version) do. Should this be done I would also
be able to easily run non-root exim's and would do so once I got round to
testing it out properly...

    Nigel.

--
[ Nigel.Metheringham@???   -  Systems Software Engineer ]
[ Tel : +44 113 251 6012                   Fax : +44 113 224 0003 ]