Re: failed to get write lock for...

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Nigel Metheringham
A: Michael Finken
Cc: Exim Mailing List
Asunto: Re: failed to get write lock for...

} 90 percent of all messages in the exim log file are
} 'Failed to get write log for ...spool/db/retry' and
} 'Failed to open wait-remote_smtp database'.

I assume that it was 'lock' in the first message not 'log'.

This isn't normal...

} I'm running exim-1.624 on Slackware Linux 3.1 with GDBM 1.7.3.
} I don't know if it is a feature of GDBM, but the retry.dir is a
} hard link to retry.pag.

Yes thats normal.

Initially delete the hints databases and see if the problem recurs

} Should I switch to Berkeley DB 1.8.6 or 2.0.6?

Don't use Berkeley 2.x unless you are going to develop for it - the
interface is not the same (and the performance if used in the way that
exim does by default will be lousy). I'd suggest using DB 1.85 if you
change at all. DB 1.86 fixes a problem that we should never see, and
since the complete hash algorithm was changed I would say its better to
stick with 1.85.

    Nigel.
--
[ Nigel.Metheringham@???   -  Systems Software Engineer ]
[ Tel : +44 113 251 6012                   Fax : +44 113 224 0003 ]