Exim as part of a firewall

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Bob Green
A: exim-users
Asunto: Exim as part of a firewall
I'm thinking about how I might use exim within a firewall to act as a mail
relay between the outside and inside. One of the things I'd like to be able to
do is to configure Exim such that it can only relay between the outside and
inside and back again. ie. If a mail arrives from an external domain for a host
which is also external, then bounce it; I don't want people using my systems to
help launch attacks on other systems.

The only way I can think of doing this is running two instances of Exim on the
dual-homed system, one listening only on the internal interface and the other
listening only on the external. The configuration files would then be quite
straightforward, but is there a way I could do this with only a single instance
of Exim?

I may have missed something obvious since I'm still fairly new to Exim.

Thanks

-Bob