A cheer for exim

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Doug Sewell
A: Exim Users
Asunto: A cheer for exim
Thanks to all that have made Exim what it is - particularly you P.H.

Before I used Exim, I was using IDA snedmail, and after that a version
of 8.6 that had been re-fitted with the IDA patches... I had to choose
whether to go to the newer snedmails or something different.

I'm *very* happy I chose Exim. Instead of taking six hours to build
the Berkeley DB code, the mailer, the configs, and test (which is what
it took to put the last version on a machine from scratch) I was able
to build Exim in two, have it configured in one, and except for the
handling of programs/files it was drop-in from both the user and tech
side. My users have no idea.

I was even able, over the internet, to talk someone through building
Exim 1.62 from the .tar.Z (along with a working config from another
machine). It didn't take him much longer to be runnable.

--
Doug Sewell (doug@???) (http://cc.ysu.edu/~doug/)
E-mail advertisers: put me on your "don't call, don't e-mail" list.

No one ever becomes extremely vile and wicked all of a sudden. - D.J.