Re: Moderated mailing lists

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: richard welty
A: John Attwood
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: Moderated mailing lists
John Attwood wrote:

> What's the best way to set up a moderated mailing list with exim?

> If possible, I would prefer a generalised solution based on prefixes
> that could work for a number of differently named lists.

you may want to look at a specialized mailing list manager such
as majordomo; i've been using it to run a number of lists, one
of them moderated, with excellent results.

majordomo uses a password system; i recommend against moderation
based on "recognizing" a moderator from address, because it can
easily be spoofed.

majordomo may be obtained from ftp.greatcircle.com. the current
version is (i think) 1.94.3; it works best with perl 5.003.

there are some other list managers that reportedly work decently;
i merely mention majordomo because of my good experiences with it.

cheers,
richard